If you haven’t seen the latest video marketing statistics for real estate—thank goodness you’re here. You may be missing out on the greatest thing since MLS.
Video Marketing Statistics for Real Estate
OK disclaimer: there aren’t any verifiable video marketing statistics for real estate—but the ones below were taken across a number of small-business verticals and can help you understand why you should hop on this digital gravy train…with these video marketing statistics for real estate:
- 46% of people have admitted that they are inclined to seek out more information after seeing a video about a product or service online.
- Studies have shown that at least 26% of viewers DO look for more information after viewing your video(s).
- Statistically, videos increase your viewers comprehension of your product or service by as much as 74%.
- YouTube is now the second biggest search engine on the planet—the first being of course Google (who also own YouTube…and everything else on the internet).
- 22% of your viewers will visit your website if it is named in a video or video ad they watch.
- An Australian study showed that real-estate listings that have a video get over 400% more attention than those without.
- If you’re doing email marketing—your click-through rates will increase by 2 to 3x (see bombbomb.com for more info).
- Again, with email marketing, your conversion rates (from lead to customer) increase up to 50% with video.
- 80% of your viewers will watch a video, but only 20% of them will read to the bottom of the same content if written out (although a transcript gets your great SEO brown points!).
10. 50x! Your website is 50x more likely to show up on the first page of Google search results if it has a YouTube video on it (again—Google owns YouTube…it’s a conspiracy).
11.Video has been the fastest growing media for ads since 2012.
12.80% of internet surfers can recall at least one video they’ve watched in the last week, but not anything they’ve read.
13.A NIELSEN study shows that 36% of web surfers trust ads that are shown in video format.
14.Almost half of video watchers will take some type of action after watching a video.
15.1/3 of all the activity online in North America is video watching.
Video Sounds Great!! Now What? Video Marketing Statistics for Real Estate that HELP!
The stats above surely sound great. BUT—how can stats help you improve the efficiency and efficacy of your video marketing? Well, here’s some that can do just that:
- Keep your videos short—as almost half your viewers will drop off at the 1-minute point. About 60% will be gone by the 2-minute mark.
- Post on Tuesdays, as 16% of all the YouTube videos on YouTube are embedded, linked and/or shared on Tuesdays—specifically between 11:00am and 1:00pm.
- Another reason to keep your videos short is that shorter videos are shared more often. In fact videos that are around 15 seconds are shared a whole 1/3 more than longer videos.
- If you’re going to do video marketing ads—definitely keep them short (but not too short!) as videos that are around 30 seconds are 90% likely to be watched completely.
So—ready to hop on the video band wagon? Be sure that you have a website that allows you to embed them. If you don’t—ask us how via our live chat or email.