19 Dec / Real Estate Websites: How to Use WordPress (aka We Told you It Was Easy!)
So, you’ve purchased one of our real estate websites–or you’re thinking of purchasing one of our customized real estate websites–and you’re wondering how the heck these things work, then you’ve come to the right place.
With the websites we create people ask us tons of use-related questions, often circling around what they will be able to do themselves. These questions include:
So, the quick answer is yes–you can easily update themselves.
Even though our websites are highly customized and look complex on the front end, they still use the relatively-simple WordPress backend. To teach you exactly how to do this we’re posting a great series of informative how-to videos from Duke University’s Center for Instructional Technology (CIT).
WordPress Basics: How to Create a Blog Post
This first video covers the super basics of WordPress, including:
- How to find your WordPress admin section (hint: it’s always enter “/wp-admin” at the end of your URL)
- How to create a new blog post
- How to preview your blog post
- How to save and publish your blog post
WordPress Basics: How to Add an Image to your Blog Post, Page or Listing
This blog post shows you:
- How to add an image from the web
- How to add an image from your computer
WordPress Basics: How to Add a Link to your Blog Post, Listing or Page
This video shows you:
- How to add a link to any page, blog post or listing in WordPress
WordPress Basics: How to Style your Text for your Blog Post, Page or Listing
In this video you learn how to format your text, a process very similar to Microsoft Word.
WordPress Basics: How to Add a Video
Adding videos to your listings is a phenomenal way to highlight your listing–and it is an incredibly easy within WordPress:
- How to find the url of your video
- How to add a video to a blog post, listing or page
For further instructionals on how to use WordPress to accomplish one of your goals, simply go to www.youtube.com and enter “wordpress tutorial” and whatever keyword you’d like. For example, “wordpress tutorial adding a page to your menu”.
Stay tuned to our blog to learn intermediate WordPress skills and how to use specific functionalities in WordPress.
Don’t Leave Now! You’ve only just begun…
- Click here to learn more about Real Estate SEO (SEO part 2, part 3, part 4)
- Click here to learn more about Google Authorship for Real Estate Agents
- Click here to learn more about other Real Estate Technology Tips
- Click here to learn more about Business Cards for Realtors–2.0!
- Click here to learn more about An Easy Real Estate Technology How-To